“A masterful survey.
science and faith by broadening the
definition and scope
of what evolution is understood to be.”
— Publisher’s Weekly
THE NEXT STEP IN HUMAN EVOLUTION
We’ve all heard about fossils and fruit flies, Darwin and Dawkins. But what if our current scientific understanding of evolution was just the tip of the iceberg? What if there’s a way to see evolution that could transform not just your understanding of the physical world, but also your most fundamental sense of self-identity? A perspective that could give you a rational, intellectually informed sense of optimism for the future, or even a new source of spiritual insight and inspiration?
Blending cutting-edge ideas with incisive spiritual insights, Evolutionaries is the first popular presentation of an emerging school of thought called “evolutionary spirituality.” Carter Phipps, the former executive editor of EnlightenNext magazine, asserts that evolution is not only a scientific but also a spiritual idea in a book whose message has the power to bring new meaning and purpose to life as we know it. Readers will be fascinated and enlightened by Evolutionaries, a book which Deepak Chopra, the world-renowned author of The Seven Spiritual Laws of Superheroes, Jesus, and Buddha, says “is going to help create a worldview that will influence our vision of the future direction of evolution and also our role in consciously participating in it.”
Carter Phipps brilliantly expands our understanding of evolution by showing us that a new science is emerging—one that will holistically integrate our understanding of consciousness, cosmology, and evolution.
In Evolutionaries, you’ll learn about:
- The three core characteristics of an Evolutionary.
- What it means to break the “spell of solidity” and begin to see with evolutionary eyes.
- How scientists are discovering that cooperation drives evolution—all the way from quarks to quadrupeds to us.
- The extraordinary relationship between technology, evolution, and the increasing speed of change.
- How evolutionary dynamics are at play in the “internal universe” of consciousness and culture.
- How worldviews evolve and what they reveal about the social and political tensions of our globalizing planet.
- The transformative truths at the heart of the new “evolutionary spirituality.”
Carter Phipps is an author, journalist, speaker, leader, and consultant. His work has focused on understanding the nature of both individual and cultural development. With his writings, dialogues, an interviews, he has been a contributor to the emerging “integral” or “evolutionary” cultural movement which combines the insights of Integral Philosophy, evolutionary science, developmental psychology, and the social sciences. He is the co-founder of the Institute for Cultural Evolution, a non-profit social policy institute, whose mission is to bring new insights on the evolution of culture to the arena of politics and social policy.
He lives in California.